For the free download of the executive summary, please click on “Download the file”. For the full report, please contact the premium and gold sponsors.
With the connected car topic the automotive industry is about to experience a technological leap that will substantially change mobility. Automotive manufacturers are increasingly considering the integration of information technology and external services in their cars.
Against this background, PAC conducted a survey among 250 CxOs in European automotive companies (in France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the UK) with more than 50 employees. The study explores the strategies of the automotive industry to develop and launch connected car technologies and services and deals with the following questions:
- What is the status quo in terms of the development of connected car services and which areas are in the focus?
- Which trends and changes are important?
- What are the (main) challenges?
- What role do politics and standardization play regarding connected car offerings?
- What are the strategies and objectives that automotive companies pursue?
- How important are external services?
- What are upcoming investment plans and who are the decision makers?