This report gives an overview of the current trends in software development and describes what has led to the rising demand for customer-specific solutions. It provides insights into the following areas:
- Activities of user companies – why software development is experiencing a renaissance in the era of digitization.
- The role of agile development and DevOps in digital transformation projects and what organizational challenges result from it.
- How cloud computing and PaaS affect software development.
- Which technological innovations and programming languages are relevant and how they are used in development projects.
- Management summary
- teknowlogy’s opinion
- teknowlogy’s recommendations
Application Development in User Companies
- Triggers for the growing demand for application development
- The fusion of IT and OT
- Growing IT demand in LoBs
- The impact of digital application development on legacy environments
Trends in Application Development
- Agile software development and DevOps
- The renaissance of open source
- Cloud and PaaS
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
- Serverless technologies
- Low-code platforms
New Demand for Service Providers
- New models of sourcing needed
- New concepts in application design